Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kenne Highland 2008 Sessions

I don't know what it is, but I have always just loved being in the studio or at radio stations. The work that goes on at either place fascinates me, though much of it I find incomprehensible. In case you have some of the same obsession, here's some vids I found of my old bud Kenne Highland over on up to the YouTube t'other day. Yee ha! Roll 'em!!! Put the saddle on the stove because I'm riding the range tonight...Oh, by the way, I cut and pasted the descriptions off of YouTube.

Kenne Highland 2008 Session, pt 1 percussion / rhythm guitar 10.14.2008

Kenne Highland formerly with the Gizmos banged out 11 tunes on guitar & vocals with Happy Room Studios engineer Steve & percussionist unextraordinaire Sean in a monster all day marathon...results hopefully out in 2009? Extra thanks to Tim Carter (Assbeaters, French are from hell) for use of his guitar! This portion focuses on the initial basic tracks laid early in the day.
Kenne Highland Sessions Oct 16, 2008, pt 2

Kenne Highland Sessions 10/16/2008 pt 3

Kenne Highland recording guitar tracks including Redneck White Trash AND vocals for Ballad of GG Allin at Happy Room Studios
Kenne Highland 2008 Sessions, pt 4 VOCAL TAKES

Kenne Highland Recording at Happy Room Studios on October 14, 2008 pt. 4 - vocal take mania.

4 comments:

Donna Lethal said...

I must brag: I wrote the lyrics to - "What's the Pressure, Gage*" and "Broke Folk."

*about one of my favorite persons ever, Phineas Gage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

Q Tontileo said...

Well, I can't wait to see the edit for Gage on Wikipedia after the song is released. Way to go Miss Thing!

Donna Lethal said...

What a perfect way for us to reunite - Kenne, it turns out, is a 9th cousin to Gage himself!

Q Tontileo said...

Shiva H Vishnu, god forbid he ever runs with scissors!