Friday, November 7, 2008

Frances Farmer Gals

Jeri-Anne and Emily



The Frances Farmer Gals were a band my dear old friend Jeri-Ann formed when she moved out west. She sent me a demo tape and I thought some of you that knew her would like to hear it. She sang and played bass. There was a club called The X-Ray that she played at often and I have included a live tape from a night The Gals played. I particularly love the Matthew Hein cut.




Here we are at one of my legendary birthday parties. I'm sorry if I appear to be boasting, but I am just stating a fact. It was. 'Party of the Year' was a phrase I heard others use to describe the debauchery many times. Yes, that is Chet in the background and yes, most of the pictures from that night were creatively framed. Jeri-Ann was one of the most generous and loving people I have ever known. She will forever be dearly missed.


Here she is with her beautiful boy, Nikki Bo.

6 comments:

Donna Lethal said...

Was that one of your bday parties at Chet's?

Q Tontileo said...

No...it was at a house on Kelton Street, I believe. Chet took the night off for this one AND rented a tux. There were about fifty people there and sometimes there would be only one hapless guest in the living room all by himself. Everyone else was skulking around behind closed doors up to god knows what. Bernard K Smith earned consummate gentleman status that night. We were having one of those four-thirty in the morning earnest conversations, both of us supported by the opposite sides a door frame. We were so fucked up everything was happening in slow motion. Every five minutes or so, I'd excuse myself, take the two steps into the bathroom, close the door and hurl like it was the end of the world. I would rinse off and return to my spot in the doorway and Bernie would start up the conversation right where we had left off like I hadn't been gone at all. Never mentioned the vomiting at all or alluded to the fact that I must have looked and smelled like a corpse. Such a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

hi, this is her great neice rae-lynn. my grandmother, mary beth is her sister and the family is trying to find her son nicki bo. there was a family sickness and was trying to get in contact with him.

Q Tontileo said...

Rae-Lynn, I have never had direct contact with Nicki Bo, but I will ask around and see if I can find out anything for you. E-mail me at tontileo@gmail directly if you'd like to keep things private. I'm sorry there is illness in your family and hope things turn out well. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Anonymous said...

Hi...I can pass a message on to him or his dad.. Stephan

Unknown said...

I am nikki bo sons mother. He has a son named reggie condon. Email me at londonherman8@gmail.com