Friday, May 30, 2008

Too shy today...




One night when Willie Loco was playing at Green Street Grill, he asked me if I would help him out with Bass Rocks and sing back-up. I told him I was feeling really shy that night and didn't want to. "SHY!!! Ch-Yeah!" he guffawed. Yes, he actually guffawed. Then he gave me that look.

I liked that place. It's close to the parking garage and kind of cozy. It doesn't hurt that I also run into Peter Wolf there a lot. I'll never get tired of hearing him ask me "What's your name again Darlin'?" Ha. Now that I think of it, how come Willie didn't ask him to sing back-up?


Here's a shot of WA's piano, his signature Wamaha. Comes with a portable stand.

Joe Harvard has great Willie photos, stories and opinions up on his site. Do check it out. Like Joe, I miss Matt a lot too and love seeing the way he was in this video. Such a sweetheart. And he had a fantastic ass.


BASS ROCKS Willie Alexander and the Confessions

2 comments:

Donna Lethal said...

OMG Bass Rocks! I remember seeing that on V66! Willie was the one who taught me the move of chewing bubble gum while singing, but only he could pull it off.

Q Tontileo said...

Oh little one, it is not wise to attempt the WA moves. He is the master. He waited with bated breath for Lisa Marie to release her video and had her moves down pat in a matter of hours. Alas, the reverse would never be true.

Where are all the v66 tapes? I don't think I had a deck then. Too expensive! Someone is setting up a site but it hadn't gotten too far yet last time I looked.