Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Country View Motel and Guest House


Yesterday I took a ride to Ogunquit to meet up with Martine at the incredible Country View Motel and Guest House.

What a quaint and charming place to stay. It's decorated perfectly. Very country, but without a hint of cloying clutter. The rooms are so comfy, appointed with posh seating areas and porches. And they allow pets!



If you happen to be into the supernatural, they even have a haunted room. Martine asked me if I'd like to see it and I said NO. Then she told me the ghost was named Elsie May and she was known for turning the radio in there off and on during the night. Okay, seemed like light duty for a ghost, so on my way out I let her talk me into going in there. Smartass that I am, before I crossed the threshold I called out "Elizabeth, come find me..." The place is haunted all right. The second I walked in all the hairs on the back of my neck became fully erect and stayed that way while I said hi and told her I hoped she was okay before I walked out. She seemed nice, and I might stay there some time just out of curiosity, but it's best to be cautious about these things as spirits have a way of seeming really nice up front, and then just like the living, they can become real assholes once you get to know them. If I do stay there some night, I won't be having pea soup for dinner, if you know what I mean...

No comments: