Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Geezers Garage Nite at the Granite Rail



What with the Depression soon to be upon us I look forward to lots more cheap entertainment being available. Keeping it fresh and local and one step ahead of the big crash is my buddy Geezer. He's gotten together some musicians and a local tavern to start up a showcase of both homegrown and not so local talent. I freely admit to being a north of Boston girl, and I don't mean North Shore either! I'm well inland and a little freaked out by a big ass city like Quincy, but one day I hope to overcome my fear of driving south of Boston and get myself to one of these shows. The line-up this week looks very impressive. Can I get a volunteer to ride shotgun? I managed to corner Geezer and get the scoop on what's coming up this week and beyond! Here's what he told me...



Quincys only Garage Nite!
FEB 27th GARAGE BLOW OUT
7:30 Lonesome Lil and the Boy's ( lillian donnelly)
8:00 The Peculiar ( great Local alterative ROCK band)
8:30 Adam Earley ( comming down from Maine solo set)
9:00 Jay Allen and the Arch-Criminals (Catchy old school)
9:30 Frank Rowe (Classic Ruins) solo Set
10:00 The Ten Foot Pole Cats ( great blues band)
11:00 Jeff Crane (Classc Ruins)solo set
11:30 Geezer Deluxe (the RAW garage stuff)



A long time Quincy tavern known for good pizza the Granite Rail Tavern at 16 Cottage Ave in Quincy (617-479-2726) has opened the place to local musicians and beyond. A night of old and new friends, musicians and family. The opening act "Lonesome Lil and the Boys" is my daughter, 17, singing and on piano, my son, 15, on drums and me on lap steel or acoustic guitar, playing Hank Williams Sr. covers, folk songs and some original americana. From then it's garage r'n'r bands, old school boston r'n'r guys, local alternative rock bands and solo folk/americana blues band. Classic rock, just a mixed bag. We're no music snobs at Geezers Garage Nite, I want everyone to play that wants to, I get as many acts up as I can. The garage nite is once a month, usually near the end of the month and hosted By Geezer Deluxe. We ask for a 5$ suggested donation that is stuffed into an old oil space heater. The bands can sell Cds or merchandise. Basically, it's a night out for us old Guys/Gals to get together and pick out some tunes and bring younger musicians in on it so if any musicians want to throw in with us, the more the merrier. Just get in touch on the Geezers Garage Nite at the Granite Rail Myspace

And just a look at next months March 27th Garage Nite:
the Dirty Shames (New York City)
Tokyo Tramps (Fun Band playing Bluesy country)
Rustbbucket (great jammin r'n'r)

Hi, it's me, Tontileo, again. I couldn't find any vids of the Granite Rail. We have to rectify that in the future, but here's some footage of a brush fire in Quincy. The tapes of people jumping into the quarries were pretty cool, but I don't want to encourage that type of dangerous and possibly illegal behavior here. Besides this one has firemen! Putting out a fire with push brooms. I wonder if that's why they call it a brush fire?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why Thank you so very much, most kind of you to help promote The Garage Nite, your kind words are like fine wine to my ear
greedygeezer