Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Lethal Dose

Daang! Radio


Ms Donna Lethal has graciously contributed this entertaining podcast for your listening pleasure. Please enjoy it responsibly...



Inspiration: Cesar Romero's "Thought for Today." I try and listen to
this every morning.
She Loves You: Peter Sellers + Nazi + Beatles
Transfusion: Nervous Norvus (from my "cars and accidents" playlist)
Girl on Death Row: Duane Eddy
That Makes It!: Jayne Mansfield ("so kinky!")
Blacula - radio spot
Apples and Oranges - Richard Dawson (yes)
Brown Sugar - alternate version
Sugar Sugar - Tom Jones
Yummy Yummy - Julie London
Yum Yum Girls - radio spot
Big Rock Candy Mountain - can I go here when I die? (Harry McClintock)
Rubber Room - Porter Wagoner (where I am now)
Buzzsaw Twist - it's the only way to go (The Gee-Cees)
If Jesus Came to Your House (it ain't the avon lady)
Here Comes the Judge - Pigmeat Markham
Caged Heat - radio spot
Dancing the Night Away - Motors
Zap! Pow! Do the Batman
Hong Kong Blues - Hoagy Carmichael
Mr. Ghost Goes to Town - John Buzon Trio
City of the Dead - Clash (the first Clash record I could find was this
10-inch and it changed my life. This song hit home - Lowell, MA in
1980 was pretty grim.)
Girl Can't Dance - Bunker Hill
Velvet Sugar - Velvets vs Archies (Mark Vidler's masterpiece)
Angels' Wild Women - radio spot
Spanish Stroll - Mink DeVille
Love Out of Time - Mr. Lethal!
Death Race 2000 - radio spot
Nut Sundae - I miss New England ice cream as Tontileo knows.
Another Girl, Another Planet - Only Ones
Edge of Reality - The KING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I certainly got lost here for a while. Thanks

Donna Lethal said...

Good! Reality is grim, and no place to be for very long.